November, 16 & 17 - 2019, Paris, France
The Normal Academy presents the duo Formento & Formento, for a unique experience of two days in their company, the very first time and exclusively in Paris.
Immerse yourself in their world and their creative process: from developing ideas to examining convergent elements in a dramatic photograph, from lighting to composition, from narrative to philosophical decisions.
BOOK NOW - PLACE LIMITED
.Theorie & Practice
.2 days of ultimate experience
.The advice of a duo of
internationally recognized photographers
.5 professional models
.1 museum set, built for you
.2 unique worlds: a mirrors factory & a 70's office set
.Makeup artist, hairdresser and assistants to accompany you
2 days with Formento + Formento
Saturday 16 & Sunday 17, November 2019
Join Formento + Formento to share, for a weekend, their expertise during a Masterclass, the first Masterclass / workshop of the duo in Paris, exclusively for Normal. A unique experience that will cover the entire emotional and artistic process, the search of location, the writing of a photographic scenario, the staging of a narration. BJ and Richeille Formento will describe in detail the complex process of approaching a set of works, from inspiration to design, tone to construction, casting, styling, lighting, direction models until the exhibition of a work.
Several entire worlds will be recreated in 3 sets and studios with for thematic the cinematic approach of the photo, with furniture and authentic accessories, headdresses, styling and makeup.
This total immersion workshop aims to learn how to create a new series, develop your own visual language and your photographic identity, it aims to develop the participant's ability to carry out a photography project.
- Day 1 : 13pm to 16pm : Conference, projection, reading, presentation
- Day 1 : 16pm to 18pm : Attend a shooting as a spectator and discover
- Day 1 : 18pm to 19.30pm : Meeting around a drink, exchange, signature
- Day 2 : 13pm to 16pm : Workshop : Mirrors Factory : Thematic : The Art of Nude
- Day 2 : 16pm to 19pm : Workshop : 70'S Office - Thematic : Portrait, fashion
- Day 2 : 19pm to 20pm : Workshop : Debrief over a drink, exchange
DAY 1 - 2nd PART
DAY 2 - PART I
DAY 2 - PART II
THE 5 MUSES
- Language: English
- Location: Paris / Pantin. France
- Required level: intermediate to professional
- Required material: participants must come with their own material and ready to shoot: digital camera ( reflex or hybrid body and lens), battery, charger, memory card.
What is included:
- Appetizers, with models, team and master
- An issue of Normal, cover Formento signed by the artists
What isn't included:
-Not being legally authorised to offer accommodation proposals, it will not be included in the workshop. Nevertheless we can advice you and guide you to the closest hotels, hostels or Bed and Breakfasts.
-The cost of transportation to the workshop location
-All insurance for stolen or broken material during the Experience
INFORMATIONS Or Paul Luro + 33 1 48 43 24 15, from monday to friday, 2pm to 6pm